Pet Safety Tips:
- Never, ever leave your furry friend in the car.
- Make sure your fur baby has unlimited access to fresh water.
- Make sure your best friend has access to shade when outside.
- Take walks during the cooler hours of the day.
- When walking, try to stay off of hot surfaces (like asphalt) because it can burn your furry pals paws.
- If you think it's hot outside, it's even hotter for your pet – make sure your pet has a means of cooling off.
- Keep your pets free of external parasites (fleas, ticks) and heartworms — consult your veterinarian about the best product for your pet.
- Consider clipping or shaving your fur babies long coat (talk to your veterinarian first to see if it's appropriate for your pet,) and apply sunscreen to your pets skin if she or he has a thin coat.